Twelve misunderstandings about mobile phone battery usage
1: Recharge your mobile phone after it is exhausted
Affected by the use of nickel-metal hydride batteries, many people still like to charge their mobile phone batteries after they are completely exhausted. For lithium batteries, this does not prevent the memory effect, and the lithium element activity is insufficient when recharging after the power is used up. This will affect the battery capacity in the long term.
2: If the mobile phone battery is not used for a long time, it should be fully charged (or drained).
Many people have multiple mobile phones or batteries at home. Some batteries will be left unused for a long time. Many people use two extreme methods - fully charging or emptying. In fact, both of these methods will affect the life of the mobile phone. The correct method is to charge the mobile phone to 40~60% and store it in a cool and dry place.
Three: The first charging takes more than 12 hours
In 2013, most mobile phones use lithium batteries. Unlike the nickel-metal hydride batteries of the past, lithium batteries do not have a memory effect (to be precise, the memory effect is very weak). There is no such thing as activation. Long-term charging will cause certain damage to the battery. damage. So how long should the first charging time be? It also depends on the battery capacity. Generally speaking, it takes 2 to 4 hours. After the phone shows that charging is complete, it can be charged for another half an hour.
Four: Overcharging can cause the battery to explode.
Lithium batteries generally have safety protection circuits and various safety devices to ensure that the battery circuit is automatically cut off when overcharged, discharged or short-circuited; too high internal pressure in the battery will trigger the exhaust device to decompress; too high battery temperature will trigger thermal fuse protection device, thereby stopping the electrochemical reaction of the battery. Therefore, unless there is a quality problem, the battery will not explode if it is plugged in and charged for a long time. However, if you do not unplug the power supply after it is fully charged, the battery will remain fully charged. Although it will not explode, it will speed up the loss of battery capacity. In addition, there are rumors that answering a call while the mobile phone is charging will cause an explosion. Lu Jianguo said that this statement is untenable. If there is such a danger, the product will be set up to not connect to the phone while charging. However, from a health perspective, the wire will limit the user's range of activities. Making and answering calls while charging may cause the user to be fixed in one place for a long time, causing excessive muscle tension. Therefore, it is recommended to unplug the power before talking. Do not cover the battery with anything when charging, and do not place it on the bed to avoid fire hazards.
Five: Use a “universal charger”
Many people like to use "universal chargers", thinking that universal charging is cheap and convenient. However, this charger is not produced by the original factory, and its charging current is not suitable for all battery models. Moreover, the charger itself is of low quality and has caused many explosions. .
6: Place it in the sun to “warm” your phone
Many old models of mobile phones have lower battery power in winter than in other seasons. This is because the cold reduces the chemical reaction activity in the battery. Therefore, many people like to put their mobile phones in the sun or put them next to a heater to "warm up" . This approach is also wrong. Once the battery overheats, it can easily lead to explosion.
Seven: Put the mobile phone battery in the freezer of the refrigerator to "freeze" for three days to restore the power.
There are rumors on the Internet that putting old mobile phone batteries in the refrigerator for three days can restore part of the power. Many netizens have tried it and it has really worked. In fact, this approach is not advisable. The humidity in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator is high. Once the mobile phone battery gets wet, it is extremely easy to be dangerous during use. Experts said: "If a mobile phone battery is stored for a period of time, the power will be partially restored when used again. Freezing it in the refrigerator will destroy the internal structure of the battery. Although it will show a short-term increase in power, it will lose its effect after repeated use. , and seriously affects battery life."
Eight: The battery can no longer be used when it reaches the limit of charging times.
Manufacturers generally indicate the battery usage limit in mobile phone manuals, while consumers calculate battery life based on the number of times. In fact, battery life depends on many factors such as use, storage, and charging, and there is no fixed value.
9: Don’t pay attention to battery cleaning
Among mobile phone users, few people pay attention to the cleaning of the battery. In fact, occasionally wiping the metal contact surface of the battery with an eraser can remove rusty substances on the metal surface, which helps the battery charge and prolongs the battery life.
10: Mobile phone = game console
Some young people like gaming mobile phones and can play with them wherever they go. However, gaming mobile phones generally have higher chip performance and poor heat dissipation performance. Long-term use may cause the body and battery to overheat and explode.
11: The battery shows that it is full, but the phone runs out of power and shuts down automatically after a while.
When this happens, most of the batteries are charging abnormally, and they need to be charged with a universal charger for eight hours before being used again.
Twelve: The battery is dead and the phone cannot be charged after it automatically shuts down.
This means that the power in the battery has been completely used up. You also need to use a universal charger for a while and then use direct charging after there is power in the battery.
Copyright©Huizhou Hexin New Energy Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved